Pages

Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Kampung Taba Sait first to move to Bengoh resettlement

by Nick Fletcher, reporters@theborneopost.com.


KUCHING: Kampung Taba Sait will be the first village, affected by the Bengoh Dam construction, to move to the Bengoh resettlement scheme (BRS) expected in March.

Assistant Housing Minister Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah who disclosed this said that there were 58 units of Rumah Mesra Rakyat (RMR) to be handed over to the villagers.

“The developer had given assurance that all the houses could be completed in March. After this, they can start to move to their new house,” he said at a press conference after a briefing session on the relocation of those villagers affected by the Bengoh Dam resettlement site at Borneo Height Road here yesterday.

Also present were Assistant Public Health Minister who is also Bengoh assemblyman Dr Jerip Susil and coordinator of the Bengoh Dam project Temenggong Austin Dimin. Abdul Karim said that three other villages namely Kampung Rejoi, Kampung Pain Bojong and Kampung Semban who were also affected by the dam would be moved in stages.

The second stage expected to involve Kampung Rejoi could be in April or May followed by Kampung Pain Bojong and Kampung Semban, he added.

He also said there would be 40 units of RMR for Kampung Rejoi, Kampung Pain Bojong (47 units) and Semban (59 units). The completion of the houses’ construction is expected to be in May.

“The houses will be completed with electricity supply and water, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.”

Apart from that, there will be another 355 units provided by BRS to accommodate those villagers with big family members.

Meanwhile, Abdul Karim also said that the government would give subsidy for the house payment to the villagers making the house price less than the exact price of about RM70, 000 each.

Karim also said that their school children would be placed temporarily either at SK Bengoh or SK St Patrick Semadang.

A total of 204 units of RMR at BRS amounting to RM19 million had been built since March last year and was scheduled to be completed by last December; however due to the delay the construction period was extended to this year and currently it is about 68 per cent completed.

There will be two churches, a multipurpose hall and a primary school to be built at the resettlement scheme and the villagers will also be given a piece of land for agriculture activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment