Friday 19 November 2021

Given the chance, it is my wish to defend Asajaya rather than switch to another seat

It was an interesting question on whether I would be one of the probable candidates for the N8 Satok constituency in the coming 12th Sarawak State Elections (PRN12) but if given the chance, it is my wish to defend Asajaya rather than switch to another seat. 

I have mentioned this to our media friends after launching the "Hidden Gems in Borneo" road tour organised by Sin Chew Daily News in Kuching. I told them (media) that after having started my career in politics as an elected representative in Asajaya in 2001...if it is possible, I want to end my career as a politician in the same place (Asajaya). 

I think there is no need to switch (to other constituencies) and as it is, I think I will stay put (in Asajaya) if I am given the chance to defend my seat in the coming state elections. Our media friends were looking forward to my response on rumours that I would be fielded in the Satok seat, replacing incumbent Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Abang Johari Tun Openg who is expected to contest in Gedong, Simunjan this time round. This came following our Chief Minister's revelation on 17 November that he will consider contesting in the Gedong seat after the incumbent, Datuk Mohd Naroden Majais has announced his intention to retire.



No comments:

Post a Comment